VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
September 12, 2023
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
In order to qualify for Miami, you must complete all the qualifier workouts following the provided movement standards, workout flow, and video submission guidelines. Additionally, you’ll need to submit all videos of every workout.
Please use the following video submission guidelines when completing each of the workouts to ensure that your videos do not get blocked from our judge’s ability to view them.
- Athletes attempting to qualify for Miami are required to submit ALL videos as proof of the workouts predetermined by Team TYR WZA.
- For teams of 3, each athlete must submit their own video.
- Within each video, athletes must:
- Declare their Full Name, Division & Workout
- Show the prescribed weights or prescribed height/distance via the measurements.
- Please see the workout scorecard for further details on each workout.
- Athletes must be positioned to clearly show the completion of each movement as prescribed in the standards. Please ensure your judge does not obstruct the camera view.
- Use the camera placement provided in the floor plan.
- Video should capture a full view of the athlete during all movements, at all times.
- Avoid placing the camera low on the ground. We recommend placing the camera at least three (3) feet (90 cm) off the ground.
- We recommended NOT wearing shorts/shirts that match or are the same color as the background of the facility to allow clear viewing of movements.
- Clocks / Timers
- A clock or timer must be visible throughout the entire workout. This timer can be at the physical location or through a video recording app.
- We highly recommend you use a timer that counts up for all workouts.
- Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar that obstruct or distort the athlete’s performance of the movement standards will be rejected.
- All video submissions must be one continuous shot, from the introduction of the athlete to the verification of weights/measurements through the completion of the workout. Any editing of the video may lead to the video being invalid, and the athlete’s workout score for that submission will not be accepted.
- Videos must be uncut and unedited to display the athlete’s performance accurately.
- We recommend submitting videos along with your score as it may take time to upload. Athletes will not be given an extension if videos are submitted past the deadline.
- Once you have successfully uploaded your video on YouTube or Vimeo, you may add your video link to the respective workout on your Competition Corner profile.
- Use the checklist on our scorecards and you’re done!
- Record the workout using a camera or recording app and upload it as a PUBLIC video.
- We highly recommend all videos are uploaded via YouTube or Vimeo.
- We do not recommend using Facebook, Google Drive, or Dropbox as they default upload with private settings, making them unviewable by our judging team.
- If we are unable to open your video upon submission, your video will be rejected.
- Team TYR WZA is not responsible if a workout is blocked by a video host provider due to copyrighted music or other reasons. If there is a concern about this, we recommend athletes intentionally mute their audio before uploading, and then introduce themselves, their division, and workout number via a whiteboard and/or paper.
Week 2: Sept 21st – 25th, 2023
Oct 12th – 23rd, 2023
Jan 11th-14th, 2024