Athletes, in specific divisions, who don’t qualify during the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier have another chance to compete on the floor at WZA Miami through Open Registration. On a pre-identified date, registration for specific divisions (see below) will open to all eligible athletes who completed the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier in its entirety. Athletes are invited to race against other eligible athletes to sign up and secure their spot to compete at WZA Miami.
First, who’s eligible? To be eligible to register, the following criteria must be met:
* Indy Scaled & Beginner athletes who completed the WZAOC in its entirety are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Indy divisions.
* Non-qualifiers in the Elite/Rx/Intermediate Individual, Master’s 35-39, Master’s 40-44, Master’s 45-49, Master’s 50-54, Master’s 55-59, Master’s 60+, & Teenager 16-18, are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Indy divisions.
* Non-qualifiers in the Adaptive Rx divisions are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Adaptive Scaled divisions.
* Scaled & Beginner Co-Ed Team of 4 athletes who completed the WZAOC in its entirety are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Team divisions.
* Non-qualifiers in the Elite/Rx/Intermediate team division are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Team divisions.
*Athletes must have completed & submitted scores for all WZAOC WOD’s
**Athletes must have submitted the required videos prior to the video submission deadline.
Athletes within the above-mentioned divisions that did not qualify during the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier, but did complete all the appropriate workouts, submitted their scores and provided the required videos on-time, are eligible for Open Registration.
On specific dates, athletes are invited to race against the rest of the eligible athletes to try and sign up and secure their spot to compete at WZA Miami.
To be transparent, in years past, it has sold-out within seconds. While we don’t want anyone unhappy with the process, unfortunately not everybody is guaranteed a spot. These spots are first-come, first-serve, and extremely limited. There is a huge demand, and they will literally fly off of the shelves.
Only those eligible (that submitted all their scores & the required videos) will receive an email with the link and passcode 48 hours before Open Registration launches.
SOME TIPS FOR OPEN REGISTRATION:
* To get ahead of the game, prior to the start of Open Registration, go to www.competitioncorner.net and sign in using your same account information for the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier. Then click on the registration link. Please note, your Wodapalooza account is the same as your Competition Corner account.
* As soon as Open Registration opens, select your division and type in the unique case-sensitive passcode provided in your email (this will be sent out to eligible athletes 48 hours before Open Registration begins) and click Proceed.
* By signing in beforehand the registration form will be pre-populated with most of the information you’ve already provided, saving you time in completing the process.
* Once you’re on the registration page, it will notify you if you’ve secured one of the limited spots. Proceed through registration and payment, and you’re good to go!