Athletes who don’t qualify during the WZAOC (Online Challenge & Qualifier) have another chance to compete on the floor at WZA Miami through Open Registration.
On a pre-identified date, registration for Scaled & Beginner divisions will open to all eligible athletes who completed the WZOAC in its entirety (completing all workouts, submitting required videos, etc.). Athletes are invited to race against other eligible athletes to sign up and secure their spot to compete at WZA Miami.
- To become eligible to register for Open Registration, all athletes must complete all WZAOC workouts for their appropriate division (individual and/or team), submit their scores for all workouts and any requested videos (prior to the video submission deadline) in order to be eligible to register for Open Registration.
- On specific dates (see a full list of important dates and deadlines here!), athletes are invited to race against the rest of the eligible athletes to try and sign up and secure their spot to compete at WZA Miami within the Scaled or Beginner division.
- In years past, it has sold out within seconds. While we don’t want anyone unhappy with the process, unfortunately not everybody is guaranteed a spot. These spots are first-come, first-serve, and extremely limited. There is a huge demand, and they will literally fly off of the shelves.
- Only those eligible (that submitted all their scores & the required videos) will receive an email with the link and passcode 48 hours before Open Registration launches.
Number of Open Registration SPOTS:
- Individual Scaled – 30 Spots Per Gender
- Individual Beginner – 20 Spots Per Gender
- Adaptive Seated – 6 Spots Per Gender
- Adaptive Standing – 6 Spots Per Gender
- Team of 3 Scaled – 50 Spots Per Gender
- Team of 3 Beginner – 20 Spots Per Gender
OPEN REGISTRATION TIPS & TRICKS:
- To get ahead of the game, prior to the start of Open Registration, go to www.competitioncorner.net and sign in using your same account information for the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier. Then click on the registration link. Please note, your Wodapalooza account is the same as your Competition Corner account.
- As soon as Open Registration opens, select your division and type in the unique case-sensitive passcode provided in your email (this will be sent out to eligible athletes 48 hours before Open Registration begins), and click Proceed.
- By signing in beforehand the registration form will be pre-populated with most of the information you’ve already provided, saving you time in completing the process.
- Once you’re on the registration page, it will notify you if you’ve secured one of the limited spots. Proceed through registration and payment, and you’re good to go!