WZA Raises Funds for Relief and Recovery Efforts in The Bahamas
Our hearts are broken by the devastation in the northern Bahamas this week from Hurricane Dorian. Early estimates report that roughly 60% of Grand Bahama Island is flooded and 13,000 homes have been damaged or destroyed.
A short plane or boat ride away, The Bahamas are a frequent place that we go to celebrate fitness, community, and life. Each time we visit, the Bahamian community gives of themselves to help us celebrate and now, more than ever before, this community needs our help.
We, here at Wodapalooza, are committed to helping our community, friends, and neighbors in The Bahamas rebuild their homes, communities, and livelihoods.
We have aligned with WZA Community Partners and Gyms to send provisions to The Bahamas and we are asking you to help us by donating. Below are a variety of ways that you can give back to The Bahamas and affected communities:
Drop off needed items at your local gym
These are the gyms we know are accepting donations, if you know of others accepting donations, please email us at: [email protected] so we can add them to the list.
- CrossFit Soul – Miami, FL – (305) 668-2898
- Peak 360 CrossFit – Miami, FL – (877) 236-6731
- CrossFit Unbounded – Doral, FL – (786) 393-4948
- Zoom Fitness – Doral, FL – (305) 306-9886
- CrossFit Yellow Falcon Miami – (786) 703-2601
- CrossFit Wynwood – (305) 741-0730
- Train8Nine – Miami, FL – (305) 912-3963
- Freakin CrossFit – Pembroke Pines, FL – (954) 442-3356
- CrossFit Tamiami – Miami, FL – (786) 360-5471
- CrossFit Downtown Miami – Miami, FL – (305) 915-0358
- CrossFit Armed – North Miami, FL – (786) 709-5677
- Caution CrossFit – Hialeah Gardens, FL – (786) 558-4163
- Training Pit CrossFit – Hollywood, FL – (305) 345-0457
Donate Funds through GoFundMe
Team WZA has set up a GoFundMe account for the WZA Community to donate for the families and communities affected by Hurricane Dorain. 100% of all funds raised will go to assist in relief efforts in The Bahamas.
Thank you for helping us give back to the families and communities that have given so much to all of us.